EAR:: How we will get there
'EAR:' Education, Advocacy, and Recognition
Education (of fans, and the general public)
- that music, like most art, doesn't just 'happen:' it requires substantial preparation
- that the money they pay to see the band doesn't necessarily go to the band.
- that musicians are generally guaranteed zero for a performance
- the difference between a hobby and a service
Advocacy (on behalf of Musicians)
Recognition: Fair Trade Music will
- Partner with and actively promote signatory live venues - musicians can't thrive when venues are struggling.
- Promote an atmosphere of mutual support and collaboration between musicains and venues
- Build a brand of quality music that brings in more customers who'll want to stay - - and come back