Under Fair Trade Music,
- Venues agree to pay musicians FTM minimum rates
- FTM provides signage and allows the use of their logo
- FTM promotes the venue through its networks of musicians, labor organizations, and supporting businesses
- The FTM logo communicates true support of live music and musicians, and becomes associated with high quality music
- With better music, patrons stay at participating venues longer, and go to them more often. This is good for everybody.
Nuts and bolts: the Venue Agreement
This agreement is the functional essence of the campaign.
Like the campaign itself, the spirit of the agreement is to be collaborative and mutually beneficial;
Musicians don't thrive unless venues do, so this has to benefit everybody in the long run.